Yes, I know Cultist Simulator is supposed to be a fun doodle, but I hear the echo of my own voice saying mean things to other indie devs about working without a schedule or a deadline. And I feel happier with a task list. Like a safety line hooked to my belt.
Things I can definitely say about the Cultist Simulator alpha at this point:
- it’ll be 100% free, until I decide to take the project further
- inspirations include: Dunsany, Lovecraft, CS Lewis, the Seeking storyline from FL, Lost Highway, F Scott Fitzgerald, the Secret Knots
- it won’t have much content to start with
- no registration or multiplayer; it’s only local
- it has real-time, idle-game elements
- it is predominantly grey in colour
- it won’t have any art yet, although I’ve talked to a couple of artists about work further down the line
- it has the word ‘Mansus’ in, at least until I’m certain whether I like it or not
- after the results of a quick Twitter poll, it’ll feature the Keys of the Moth, the Red Grail and the Forge of Days.
Here’s the link to sign up for update info: http://visitnoon.com/signup . Thank you!