You’ve been summoned to Alexandria, a city of coloured lights and curious histories. An old friend needs you to track down a woman. She’s probably in trouble. Probably trouble herself. Plus ça change.
Mirrors glitter at the Cecil, Berbers whisper in the El Bab Cafe, and statues keep their secrets in the cold depths of the bay. Something’s in motion, from the Arab Quarter to the Rue des Soeurs. Somewhere, the Serapeum stirs. The Hours have taken an interest.
Cherchez la femme, the saying goes. But what does the lady look for?
The Lady Afterwards is a limited edition Cultist Simulator TRPG, based on Chaosium’s Basic Role-Playing system – think Call of Cthulhu or story-driven DnD, without us getting sued. We’ve streamlined the experience so you don’t have to be a TRPG aficionado to play, and we’ve filled it with Dread, Fascination and the invisible arts.
Track down Audrey Leigh Howard, a woman of high standing and dubious morals. Seek the Serapeum. Investigate the Society of the Noble Endeavour. Abort a plan. Avert a crisis. Protect the heart of the House Without Walls – or let the blow fall.
The boxed physical edition, containing everything you need for several evenings’ occult entertainment with friends (and/or cultists). Each edition includes:
- The Lady Afterwards, a Cultist Simulator TRPG scenario set in 1920s Alexandria
- A game-runner’s handbook, incorporating all story, locations, lore and mechanics
- An exultation* of clues, curiosities, clippings and collectibles
- “The Essential Hours”, 23-card pocket tarot
- Eight customisable character sheets, complete with secret agendas
- Eight art deco character pins in silver, brass, copper and gold
- A scented Serapeum candle, to evoke that which cannot be seen
- Three Mansus candles, for important plot points
- A full-colour map of contemporary Alexandria
- A set of seven antique TRPG dice in a velvet dice bag
- A Steam key for Cultist Simulator, in the unspeakable instance where someone hasn’t played it yet
- A 50% discount token for the Church o’ Merch
- Access to a custom-built mood-music playlist, to further SET THE TONE!
It all comes in a custom-built 1920s-styled recyclable box mailed directly to players. We expect to release the game in October, in time for Halloween – but we’ll confirm a release date later down the line.
Sign up to the newsletter to keep track of development, and to make sure you hear about The Lady Afterward‘s launch!