Cultist Simulator is an award-winning game of apocalypse and yearning from Alexis Kennedy, creator of Fallen London and Sunless Sea. Play as a seeker after unholy mysteries, in a 1920s-themed setting of hidden gods and secret histories. Perhaps you’re looking for knowledge, or power, or beauty, or revenge. Perhaps you just want the colours beneath the skin of the world.
On 16th October 2018, we released the Dancer DLC.
Title: Cultist Simulator Developer: Weather Factory Publisher: Humble Bundle
Price: £14.99 / $19.99 / €19.99
Release date: Thursday 31st May 2018, 11AM PDT / 7PM BST
including screenshots, logos, dev headshots, etc
including Beginner’s Guide and mid-game save
PENETRATE THE HOUSE!
watch the launch trailer
Cultist Simulator was successfully, 273%-edly Kickstarted in September 2017. It’s a roguelike narrative card game where what you find may transform you forever. Every choice you make, from moment to moment, doesn’t just advance the narrative – it also shapes it.
- Become a scholar of the unseen arts. Search your dreams for sanity-twisting rituals. Craft tools and summon spirits. Indoctrinate innocents. Seize your place as the herald of a new age.
- Combine cards to tell your own story in a rich, Lovecraftian world of ambition, appetite and abomination. Corrupt your friends. Consume your enemies. There is never only one history.
- Found a cult, dedicated to the Red Grail, or the Witch-and-Sister, or the Forge of Days. Recruit Believers and promote them to Disciples to serve as burglars, researchers, cat’s-paws. Use your disciples to keep you fed – or feed on your disciples.
- Unravel arcane, unacknowledged mysteries. Translate grimoires and glean their lore. Locate and pillage the Star Shattered Fane. Penetrate the realm of the Hours, and win a place in their service. Perhaps – if you are very cunning – you may even glimpse the Mansus.
- Outwit rivals, investigators and the increasingly suspicious Authorities. Your own altered Appetites may force you to act abominably, but your Cause must not be stopped.
- Transcend death with a story-driven legacy system. Perhaps your inheritors will complete the Rite of the Crucible Soul. Perhaps they’ll find peace in a pleasing career. Perhaps they’ll bring the Dawn.
Weather Factory was co-founded by indie couple Alexis Kennedy and Lottie Bevan in 2017. Both ex-Failbetter Games devs (Alexis founded the studio, Lottie was its producer), Weather Factory is a studio for ingenious narrative games with a consciously indie aesthetic.
See the about us page for full credits.