I’m looking for another team member for Weather Factory. Martin Nerurkar is doing a wonderful job on the Cultist Simulator UI, but future projects could use someone full-time and permanent from 2018.
I need someone with
- UI skills, specifically but not exclusively in Unity
- Good design instincts, both visual and system design
- At least one complete commercial games project, preferably in a studio of <10 people
Multidimensional folk strongly preferred. I mean people with additional skills beside UI (animation, art, audio, music, video, web or others), rather than horrors from other spaces. Other-space horrors will be considered.
This is a paid founding position, with equity, but at an experimental boutique studio headed by only a minor industry name. It’ll be interesting work, but I don’t plan to grow the studio beyond 2-4 people, and you won’t get rich. That said, the last person I made this kind of offer to is now CEO of Failbetter.
If you’re interested, please mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, something about why you’re interested, and answers to the following
- what’s the biggest risk in game dev?
- what are your favourite books and/or films?
- what’s your ideal working day?
- what do you do that isn’t games?
- what is best in life?
This is a long-term process: I’ll be hiring in 2018. UK residents preferred, but I’d sponsor the right person for a visa if it were a really good match.