NOW HIRING: Full Stack Developer
Weather Factory is an indie studio founded in 2017 by Lottie Bevan and Alexis Kennedy (creator of Fallen London and Sunless Sea) to make experimental narrative games, and joined recently by Claire Sharkey of Sharkbit. Our first project, Cultist Simulator, exceeded all our expectations, and we’re growing the studio.
This is an opportunity to work on creatively interesting projects, with autonomy and respect, for a studio that treats people like people. We’re committed to salary transparency, we have a no-crunch policy, and we offer a profit pool scheme starting 2020.
We’re looking for a full stack developer, to start work from April 2019 or ASAP after that, on a longer-term experimental project. This is a permanent full-time hire or a contract role of 1 year minimum. It’s a remote role, but it’ll be easier if you’re in or close to London for occasional face time.
The closing date for applications is 15th March.
- Distributed systems – web and/or cloud and/or mobile – are your comfort zone
- You’re technically adaptable, technology-agnostic, and enjoy finding the right tool for the task
- Min 1 year commercial software experience
- At least one of the following: Unity, XCode, Android SDK, AWS or Google cloud ecosystem, web technologies
- CS, SE or similar degree
- Demonstrable interest in games (but this would be a good role for someone wanting to leap from broader tech into the games industry
- You write unit tests without needing to be hassled into it
- You can show enthusiasm, adaptability, teamwork from past contributions to OSS or modding projects
We like multi-skilled folk. Any other gamedev-relevant skills are a plus – animation, art, audio, video.
Personality fit: autonomy, informality, integrity.
Note: this is quite a grab-bag of skills. But what we’re looking for is less ‘omnicompetent wunderkind’ and more ‘smart CS graduate who’s knocked around for a year or three and is ready to mash together APIs with aplomb.’ So don’t be put off applying, if you’re smart and versatile. On the other hand if you are an omnicompetent wunderkind, apply anyway, we pay according to experience.
If you’re interested, please mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, and something about why you’re interested.
No recruiters, thanks!